Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Puffy Playful Curtains


This week I was asked to make a soft padded curtain for a local daycare centre, ideally using donated fabrics in neutral colours.


The idea was to make the room more soothing and less echoing for the children. The donated fabric was masses of synthetic semi-sheer fabric, and I used nearly all of it for my crazy creations. I stitched some of it into large sheets, then bunched up the rest to form a wadding-like mass sandwiched between.


I quilted on top, and this was the fun part: I went a bit crazy with ships and houses and mermaids and stars and clouds and umbrellas and raindrops and suns and snails and butterflies....


The entire contraption is puffy and soft, though bulky. I have yet to see it fully installed, so hopefully it works ok in the space!



A

No comments: