Thursday, June 5, 2008

Handmade handbags



Yesterday I got my first delivery of handbags made by a local lady, Pat, in Leura. This is an exciting step for me to have some help producing my delicious handmade handbags and she has done a great job. Above is two that she has done, aren't they great?!

It's very hard to know how to expand your business and still have control over things. By having Pat sew locally it means my hard earned money stays within our Blue Mountains Community, which makes me really happy.

Kara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean, it is always hard to let go of that control, no one makes them like we do, ourselves. They look great, well done, don't let her go!
I also make bags, I don't know if you have seen them www.loudcreations.com.au

It is hard when they are not mass produced, each one individual, but then that is why bagettes love the uniqueness( is that a word?!!!) of our bags!
Well done Kara, love your stuff!
Penny